15 March 2012

masking tape magic

























Only in Japan! These jaw dropping images are from the mt masking tape expo 2011 and I know, I know, that's so last year but when I stumbled across this amazing installation at the Dictionary Club Art School in Tokyo I just had to share.

I mean it must have taken for-ev-er to cover the entire interior and exterior of the building with real washi tape strips, not to mention the mini cooper, delivery van and bicycle parked out front (check out the time-lapse video of covering the mini here).





























What the hell is washi tape? Well washi is a high quality masking tape made of japanese rice paper popular amongst paper crafters and cool kids alike because of the amazing kaleidoscope of colours and patterns available.


































All images via Hello Sandwich and Polkaros

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...